You thought that asking your partner to marry you was the hard part, right? Well, it can be but it’s certainly not the hardest part of getting married. You have to sort out a custom engagement rings in Brisbane & Gold Coast and if you haven’t already – you should call me about this and your wedding rings for that matter, too. But that’s not all.
What You Need To Do After Getting Engaged, In Order To Get Married
- Sort out a date. Yup, this makes it much easier to get organized around. Can I give you a tip? Try not to make the date next week. It’s really hard to get everything done in a week and anyway, you won’t be able to get the licensing sorted out – so don’t make it next week. Give yourselves some time but not so much time that you’ll change your mind about getting married.
- Book a venue. Booking a venue is important. If you get married on a beach, people will think it’s romantic. Until they have to pick the sand out of the starters for the reception meal because there are no tables on a beach. Do this early. It doesn’t need to be expensive, but it does need to be useful. Make sure it has tables.
- Get the paperwork done. The paperwork’s not hard but it is legally essential. You can have a ceremony without the paperwork, but you won’t be married, and it won’t cost you less. So, start on the paperwork as soon as you have a date and a venue. That way it won’t slip your mind and you won’t be panicking closer to the date.
- Invite other people. In general, people like their loved ones to be at their weddings. A rule of thumb is “the more you will pay for, the more people will turn up.” So, if you’d prefer to keep it small and highly intimate buy people dinner and no more. If you want everyone you’ve ever met to turn up, have an open bar and free hotel rooms for everyone to sleep it off in.
- Incidental stuff. Catering, flowers, wedding officiant, etc. won’t book themselves. It’s best to write down a list of everything you will need. Then let somebody else who has been married recently read the list and point out what you’ve forgotten. Then book and pay for whatever you can as early as you can. You don’t want to be rushing to the supermarket and making your own posies on the day of the wedding.
- A sense of humour. Organizing weddings is great fun but only if you let it be. Don’t worry if something does fall through the cracks of planning, as long as you have each other and the paperwork done, everything else will be fine. I promise.
Oh, and rings. You may still need a Diamond engagement ring in Gold Coast & Brisbane or a wedding ring. Don’t stint on the rings. They last for a lifetime of love and commitment. Talk to me about have the perfect symbol of your love made uniquely for you and your partner. I love weddings. I can give you plenty of tips while we work on the Diamond rings together.
Related Tag: Engagement Rings Gold Coast Queensland