FAQ’s

Got Questions, We Have Answers

How do I find out which finger size they are?

There are a few ways to find the perfect fit. Firstly, find a ring which fits the finger you want the ring to be made for and place it on one of your fingers, then mark with a pen on your finger and then we can size that finger. Or you can bring a ring that fits the finger and we can take the size or trace on paper the inside circumference of the ring. Finally, ask a family member or friend if they know the size and maybe ask for their help in finding out the size.

How much should i spend on the ring?

There have been notions of spending 1 month, 2 months and 3 months gross salary on the ring but we believe its more of a question of what you can afford to spend. We can offer advice on creating a ring to suit your budget without skimping on the ‘wow’ factor you desire. You should also speak with the Ringman Wingman, Michal Dransfield direct for more advice.

Which ring style will they want?

There are a few things to consider, but don’t worry the Ringman Wingman is here to help. If you need an engagement ring wingman, I’m your man. Read our blogs
How To Pick The Style Of Ring When You Want To Ask Her To Marry You
How to Buy An Engagement Ring
How to Propose Without a Ring Without Risking the Romance

How do I find out which finger size they are?

There are a few ways to find the perfect fit. Firstly, find a ring which fits the finger you want the ring to be made for and place it on one of your fingers, then mark with a pen on your finger and then we can size that finger. Or you can bring a ring that fits the finger and we can take the size or trace on paper the inside circumference of the ring. Finally, ask a family member or friend if they know the size and maybe ask for their help in finding out the size.

White Gold or Platinum?

Platinum and white gold have different properties. Platinum is a pure metal, almost 100%. Where white gold as alloys added to it, silver and palladium. So, 75% of 18ct white gold is made up of gold the other 25% are alloys. Platinum is a lot denser metal and a lot harder wearing, the same ring in platinum would feel heavier than that of one in 18ct white gold. 18ct white gold is rhodium plated to enhance the colour and this will wear especially on the ring shank depending on the wearer and will need replating to keep its appearance up.

What are the 4c’s when buying a diamond.

We’ve have had a few clients over the years come to me with confused and miss quoted information on the 4C’s Cut, Colour, Clarity and Carat. The most important is the cut, this gives a diamond its brilliance and scintillation. Read our blog Buying a Diamond Ring Using the 4C’s..

Speedy craftsmanship and delivery Michael

“Hi Michael, have been meaning to email you, just to say thank you for the wedding ring, which is gorgeous and for your speedy craftsmanship and delivery!”

- Nicola

Fantastic work Michael

“…just to say thanks for all your help in designing and creating our bespoke wedding rings – we love them! Continue the fantastic work.”

-Teresa and Mark

Beautiful engagement ring

“I just wanted to say thank you so much for my beautiful engagement ring. I absolutely love it, it’s perfect”

-Mike and Jo

Excellent service Michael

“Thank you so much for our wonderful rings and for your excellent service helping them looking so beautiful.”

-John & Christine

Personal and Professional Michael

“We have already been recommending you to all of our friends because your service was so good personal, professional and not at all pushy.”

- Mike & Jo

Why Choose Us

We don’t believe in mass produced jewellery for special occasions because you deserve better. Your love is unique, and your jewellery ought to tell its story.

We Come to You

Don’t risk being spotted window shopping for engagement rings, we’ll meet you at a convenient time and location of your choice to help you keep the surprise!

Value for Money

You may think a personal jeweller is out of reach, but our service is extremely affordable. In fact, we will beat any quote like-for-like because we limit our overheads and maximise your budget.

100% Handcrafted in Australia

You have complete input into the materials used, the stones and the design of the setting and we provide an insurance valuation with every ring.

Ethical Suppliers

We help you buy the best gemstone you can afford from our ethical suppliers and our workmanship is guaranteed to last ’till death do us part’.

We Come to You

Your love is unique, your ring should be to.