There are some occasions that people look forward to forever in their lives. In most cases (though not all) the most important of these are: a.) graduating from school, college or university, b.) become a parent, c.) getting married and d.) someone asking you to marry them. We can’t help with the first three of those but we can surely help with the fourth.
First, You Need A Ring
Yes, this is where we come in. You can’t stint on this part of the proposal. You need a ring to say “will you marry me?” Of course, getting this right means knowing what your prospective life partner likes in terms of jewellery and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered if you have no idea. You can use a “replica ring” for the proposal and then involve your partner in the design of the permanent engagement ring once they’ve said yes.
Next, You Need A Proposal Idea That Doesn’t Feel Tired And Cheesy
This is the era of social media. You can’t afford to make a proposal that gets shared with 10,000 (or more) people on Facebook because it was lame. You also can’t afford to wait forever for that perfect idea or your partner will be sharing the photos of them getting married to someone else with those 10,000 people. So here are some genuinely good ideas for your proposal:
- Cook her dinner. We’ll be straight with you, this works best if you’re the kind of person who doesn’t cook every day because otherwise this will be just another meal at home. If you have no idea what to cook – get on YouTube and work it out, pick something simple and classic. Then you can pop the question over dessert when she’s feeling wowed by your efforts.
- Take her out to dinner. Sure, it’s corny but a great romantic restaurant is still a winner but try and coordinate with the restaurant to make sure they’re not hosting a rugby team’s annual dinner at the same time.
- The romantic scavenger hunt. This is a nice way to propose if you’re worried about getting your courage up. A series of romantic clues leading them to the ring can be the way to go but make sure you don’t lose the ring or make the clues too tough.
- Go for a walk on the beach. This is another nice private way to propose and it screams romantic. It’s best to make sure that you’ve picked somewhere safe and secluded and that there’s no adverse weather warnings.
- Go for a hike in the woods. This works best if they might enjoy hiking in the woods. You should know your prospective partner well enough to gauge this. Take champagne and the ring as part of your mid-hike picnic. Ask in the great romantic outdoors.
- Go back to where you first met. This is a very sweet and romantic thing to do and best done if you’ve been together a while as a couple. If you just met last week – this is not the right way to go about things.
- Go on vacation. This works very well but try and leave the proposal to the last romantic night just in case things don’t go as planned. If she says “yes” celebrate with champagne on the flight home.
Call Us For Help
We’d be happy to give you a few more ideas while we’re helping you get the ring just right. Call us today and make an appointment to start moving towards popping the question the right way.