When deciding on an engagement ring, there are so many decisions to make. Possibly the biggest of these being the type of stone and how to set it. But which engagement ring setting is best? How do you know which one to choose?
Types Of Ring Settings
There are over 20 different types of settings for rings, for diamond engagement rings, the top five settings are:
- Prong setting, this setting uses a small metal claw with four prongs to hold the diamond in place.
- Bezel setting, in this setting a small metal rim is custom made to hold the diamond in place.
- Tension setting, this setting suspends the diamond between the band shanks using tension.
- Halo setting, stones are set in a four-prong setting and surrounded by smaller diamonds.
- Cluster setting uses a collection of smaller stones set together to form the appearance of a larger diamond.
How To Choose A Setting
When choosing the right setting, your personal preference and style will largely guide you. Your preferred diamond cut and carat will also influence this decision. It is important that you consider what you do for a job and how active your lifestyle is.
Some settings, such as prong settings, are easy to snag on clothing and can cause injury to yourself and others. Cluster and halo settings require more maintenance for cleaning, and smaller stones may come loose if knocked repeatedly
If you are unsure what setting suits you and your lifestyle, meeting with an expert jeweller can help. At burgundy bespoke, we can let you try out numerous settings and walk you through the pros and cons of each. Ensuring you are matched with the perfect, bespoke engagement ring.
Contact us today to learn more about your ideal engagement ring setting on 0452 266 359.